Monday, March 11, 2013

Courage to believe that Jesus is the Hero of my story. He promises to set the captives free !






Thought of the day: fasting hopelessness 


Courage to believe that Jesus is the Hero of my story. He promises to set the captives free ! 

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners
Isaiah 61:1


I must be willing to surrender my will, my plans to figure out my escape plan from my prison like circumstances. When I surrender to the one and only Hero, Jesus Christ, I get out of His way. This allows Him to work out His perfect plan. The new prospective I have on my prison like circumstances is now a place of resting in His fortress of protection.


"Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you" - God
Zechariah 9:12

His plans are always abundantly more hopeful than I could ever dream to hope for on my own:)

No comments: