Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hope is Christ in me




Thought of the day: Fasting Hopelessness

My hope is Christ in me


The comfort that we can have in this life is not who we are but who Christ is in us.

I am reminded this morning by my morning devotional, Jesus Calling, 
and by a message I heard from Perry Noble, 
that my hope is Christ in me. 
I have endured many struggles in my life and what I have learned is..
I do not need to be afraid to admit that I am struggling.
 This has been hard for me at times because the "Church" is a hard place to go and admit the struggle.
I used to think if my walk with Christ was on the right path that I would not have to struggle. I would be worry free. 
This is just NOT true!
Truth is He walks with us through our struggles 
not to always change our struggles 
But 
to change our perspectives as we walk through our struggles.
I find myself questioning through the struggle, "God are you here? Are you going to save from the heartbreak?" 
His reply is
"I am greater than what you are going through."
" I am with you"
Our problems may never change ,but our prospective can...
Only if we are willing to admit that Jesus is greater than what we are going through. 

Great example of "Christ in us" is the story about Moses hearing God speak to him through a burning bush.
God wanted to deliver the Israelite's out of slavery. 
He tells Moses to tell the Pharaoh of Egypt to let His people go. 
Moses is afraid... He begins to struggle.. 
then He questions God, "I'm not sure I can do this? Who will I say sent me?"
I'm sure Moses was thinking, 
"if I tell them a burning bush sent me they will surely think I'm crazy."
God replies, "Tell them, "I Am sent you."
Why would God say this?
Notice He did not say, I was or I used to be or I will be
He said,

I AM.

I believe that the name of God speaks to what ever struggle your going through.
His name proclaims who He is and proclaims what He is doing for us through the struggle.
This is what I Am spoke to Moses about his struggle..
What He says to us about our struggle

I am the one who is with you
I am the one who will never forsake you
I am the one who called you
I am the one who called you by name and you are mine
I am the one who will strengthen you
I am the one who will sustain you
I am the one who will never walk away from you
I am the one who started something in you and I will carry it on to completion until you see my son face to face.

When you worry about whether or not your alone in your struggle
you just remember that the great 
I Am 
is 
with you
is 
in you.

The comfort that we have in this life is not who we are but who He is in us!

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 
1 John 4:4



No comments: