Monday, March 11, 2013

Our hope is placed in a Savior that's focus is restoration.








Thought of the day: fasting hopelessness 

Our hope is placed in a Savior that's focus is restoration.

"A saint is not someone who is good but who experiences the goodness of God"
- the ragamuffin gospel

I began to search for hope when I realized that my messy life was a result of trying to do good apart from God. Any efforts I make to lead, guide, counsel, create, clean up or make better are no ...good without Christ. My hopelessness was, "look at what a mess I've made, how in the world will I ever clean up my life and the lives I had affected."
The hope that replaces that worry is, my God is a God of restoration. His plan all along was to help me understand how much I am in need of Him in all things I do. I confess I need Him and lay all my mess at His feet. This opens the door to His grace that allows His power to restore my old mess to new life!

"To live by grace means to acknowledge my whole life's story, the light side and the dark. In admitting my shadow side, I learn who I am and what God's grace means. "-Brennan Manning

No comments: