Monday, March 11, 2013

Hope is trust in Gods perfect outcome.





Thought of the day: fasting hopelessness 

How can we hope in trust when bad things happen to good people?

We trust in a Sovereign God. 

He has supreme power and authority. Nothing happens in our lives without passing through the loving hands of God. I know this truth is hard to believe. I have wrestled with it for 8 years. The night before my son's funer...al, was the first time I heard someone say to me, "God is Sovereign". A big word for my grief filled mind and heart to understand, but it's what I needed to navigate my way through grief. I needed a God bigger and stronger than my circumstances that day. I needed a God that gave me hope that the world could not offer. The night my son died here on earth was also the night he was born back into heaven. He went home, the home where I HOPE with confident expectation to one day be reunited with his precious embrace. 
Yes , bad things happen. I honestly believe He does not cause them but He is the answer to them. The hope He gave to me as I gave Him my grief was peace and joy. I am surprised and thankful for the lack of bitterness and resentment in my life. 
A truth I held on to was Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD. They are plans for good and not disaster- to give you a future and a hope"-Jeremiah 29:11

His plans always lead us from our bondage to His freedom. So my trusting hope is always rooted in His love that works all things for good.

No comments: