Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hope is a victor; never a victim





Thought of the day: Fasting Hopelessness

Hope is always a victor; never a victim 

The other day I tried to host a pity party for myself. The invitation read, 

"Come, poor pitiful you, who never sees things turn out for the good.
Who's always asking, Why won't you do this for me God? 
Come you who are weary , lay back down and wait
until God does what you keep begging Him to do for you."

I have been praying that certain circumstances would change in my life...that I would begin to see more hope, more light at the end of the tunnel. Due to the length of time I have prayed these particular prayers, I find myself tempted to become hopeless. Hopeless because of the deep weakness and weariness I feel because the circumstances have not changed. 
But really, I need to see my weariness and weakness as an opportunity for hope. Hope that offers God's strenght for future victory.
Hope says :

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." - 
Philippians 4:13

Hope allows Christ to work through me... 
Sometimes Christ does work for me,
but I have come to realize that most of the time He wants to work things through me.
He wants me to move from the victim mindset to the victor mindset. 
Victoms never walk in victory
Victims blame others and are held hostage by their pain.
Victors journey towards forgiving others and are released from their pain.
When I submit my weakness to Christ, I qualify for His promise of grace that strengthens me to walk out His perfect plan. 

"Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."- 2 Cor. 12:19

I decided to let hope write a new invitation to my pity party, and the invitation read:

"Come, weary and weak child, who eventually will see things turn out for the good. Who's asking, Lord, you do this through me because I am too weak? 
Come you who are weary , lay down your worries and wait for Gods power to do through you more than you could imagine to do on your own. 

2 comments: