Friday, March 22, 2013

Hope is found in the wilderness

 
 



 

Thought of the day: Fasting Hopelessness

Hope is found in the wilderness


Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her.
Hosea 2:14 NIV

In this particular scripture we see that God is alluring Israel back to the wilderness.

Why?


 She took her eyes off Father God ..
 and He found her focused on lesser gods.

He is calling her back because she had once again forgotten her first love.


  God has a history of  leading her to the wilderness. When He first set her free from Egypt, she found herself wandering hopelessly through a desert.  He led her there so He could have her undivided attention. He spoke instruction and love to her as she journeyed to the promise land.

 She learned to trust Him in the wilderness.
 
In Hosea we see God once again leading her back to the wilderness of heartbreak valley.I find comfort in the way God is leading her there. He is alluring her, whispering to her "come away with Me so I can speak tenderly to your broken heart".

You would think that if He was doing this for the 2nd time He would be mad at her. That He might had said, "haven't you learned by now, there are to be no other idols in your life?! Shame on you for loosing focus! "

But He didn't, because love never shames.

in fact real love hung on the cross to defeat shame because He despised it.

 
Love gets our attention by speaking to the brokenness in our hearts. He understands why we loose our focus on Him because He knows the battle is fierce. That is why He leads us to a place where we can be face to face with Him. A place where heartbreak becomes a door of hope.
 
"There I will give her back her vineyards,
                             and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
There she will respond as in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt." 
Hosea 2:15NIV
 
 In that place of  hopelessness  is where we find the greatest hope of all.. His heart that leads to us to the promise land.. the place we've waited so long to see what we believed in.

Here are the lyrics to the song above.. It speaks so tenderly to the one who is in the wilderness who's waited so long to see what you believe.



Whisper my name, so only I can hear
 
                                                  Call to my heart, chase away my fear
 
Stand up in this place, fight for the one you love

Won't you come surround me, so I can rise above

Explode my soul, let these walls come down

All these prison thoughts crumble with the sound

Of my deliverance from my enemies

I stand up beside you, let's watch these giants flee

Let the silence be broken, and the winter be done

Will you come out of your hiding, kiss me sweet warm sun

Let the wind of your spirit blow the dust off my feet

I ran to you broken but now I am complete

Hello Promise Land, we've waited for so long

To see what we've believed in, to sing this Promise Land song

Explode my soul, explode with praise

What he promised is what he gave









No comments: