Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My hope is: I have a Savior



Thought of the day: fasting hopelessness 

My hope is: I have a Savior; I'm not mine or anyone else's savior.

Have you thought?
1. I've got to fix this.
2. This is my fault, so I will fix this.
3. I feel so bad for them so I will fix them.

The burden we feel to fix ourselves or fix others can be overwhelming. I believe that we can get in the way of how God wants to deal with us by thinking we can do the fixing on our own. Truth is God will allow us to choose “our will” over “His will”. That is what makes Him a loving God. He will never make us choose Him or His will. We must see that our need to fix is really our way of taking on the role of "Savior". When we do this we eventually become overwhelmed and worn out. Not a bad place to be if you turn to the true Savior, Jesus Christ and confess you've stepped in His place. Then confess your need “to fix” and ask Him to take the place of the fixer, healer, deliverer. Our obedience in this area is foundational to hope. It ushers in rest for you "the fixer" and builds trust that God's heart is best. Remember, God knows this is a process. It’s all about recognizing good and evil, real and false.

"There could be no true obedience from the heart unless there was the freedom to disobey"-Rick Joyner

Being Obedient by allowing God to be God is hard! Especially when someone we love hurts for a long period of time. We must remember that our job is to encourage and pray. To be an example of God’s healing and delivering power. To know and trust that we have prayed and placed that person in God’s hands. And to realize that sometimes all we can offer is a hug and the simple words of hope "This is a season and it will pass." You can believe it because it’s proven to be true in my own life. God saved me and He will save you!
The hope we hang onto is if we do our job God can do His Job.





No comments: