Tuesday, December 23, 2014

While We Wait-We receive the gift.. the One who saves

"Love Came Down"
-Brian and Jen Johnson

Today's Focus- Mary and Joseph 
&
The mess they found themselves in

"Mary has her angelic visitation to hear of the Incarnation weeks ago. Joseph gets only the stinging betrayal of her swelling abdomen. He gets one painfully awkward conversation. He gets to lie awake at night wondering what a nice guy like him is doing in a mess like this. No unassuming angel shows up for him until he's already made up his mind and heart to mercifully let her go. There is always that- we are not spared of all trials, but we are always spared of the trials that have no gifts."
- Ann Voskamp

The words above are so true..

We are not spared of all trials, but we are ALWAYS spared of the trial that have no gifts. 

As I reflect on today and what it means for me and my family.. I am reminded of the trial.. but I also see the gifts it has given me and my family. 

I couldn't help but notice that our tragedy happened so close to Jesus' birthday. 
It's a day I, we, will never forget.. 
It's the hardest day I, we have ever lived..
It's a day no one planned for .. 
It was simply an unfortunate series of events that began with love
With no intentions of ending the way it did..
I guess that is what you call a tragedy 

The definition of tragedy- a fatal and mournful event; any event in which human lives are lost, more particularly by unauthorized violence.

Yes, I would say our tragedy was unauthorized. It was a night filled with expectations.. 
expectations of joy.. excitement to receive. Children dreaming of sugar plum fairies.. singing Christmas carols, drinking hot chocolate and falling asleep underneath the Christmas tree ..waiting for their wildest dreams to come true.

and then

the unexpected
the unauthorized
enemy crossed over 
he invaded 
He tried to
steal from the innocent
he used innocent intentions 
to rob Majestic expectations

Let's notice this all comes 
at the same time something else is coming


"Now, Joseph, the angel said, "you get the job of naming the Baby Boy. Don't name Him any of the names in all the branching, reaching family tree- not Abraham or Isaac or Jacob or Boa or David- because this baby is God and man. You will name Him Jesus, because it means 'the Lord saves'.

Jesus
a gift given to us from Heaven above
and the gift is named
The Lord Saves

Think about it.. the very night our hearts were torn apart.. is the same night God is sending a gift.. one that will save us from the the unauthorized tragedy sent by the enemy. 
The enemy wanted to use this to tear apart our family..
but the gift that came with it
was
It only made us stronger
because we embraced the weakness that came with it. 
It only made us love harder
because His love shined brightest through our shattered hearts.
It only made us humble
 So we could carry the weight of  His Glory 

I must admit.. I didn't see this in the beginning..
I just saw the tragedy
I didn't see the gifts that were to come.

Today,
year 10
(the number 10 signifies God's divine order, completion, new beginnings!)
I see
I see all the gifts, thus far:)
I see that God's plan can never be thwarted. 
His plan of redemption and restoration is in motion and nothing can stop it. 
What He has allowed me to see
(only by His grace)
is that His plan to save is always there for us
our job..
we must see it 
take His hand
hold on tight
and ride that bull 
'till
the trial turns into the gift
the victory 
My victory today.. is my family is all together. We all took different paths to get here.. but we all rode the same bull .. and we all hung on .. I can't believe it.. but it's true.. my gift is Jesus saved.. He is saving and will keep saving until we get back home where we will get to see sweet little Jack again. 

Christmas.. 
It's a gift
one that you can not buy
you can only receive.
It's a filling
an expectancy
that we will meet with Him in the midst
encounter Him in the fog
that we will be saved from the attack
We will be restored to better than before
And we will be given new and whole hearts
&
WE WILL OVERCOME
any tragic event that comes to us
We overcome evil with good.. 
So when the enemy tries to convince you that evil will win
look at him fearlessly
eye to eye 
and say
No, you have just messed with the wrong girl!
I will not back down
I've been given a gift of grace that will withstand your fury
and it's no match to 
My Father's 
Love:)

"Every Christmas tree is shadowed by the Cross Tree: it's at the Tree that God does heart transplants- He takes your heart and does surgery. Christianity doesn't make narrow-minded claims. It makes a different kind of diagnosis. It's about offering a different kind of medicine. In the care of our own souls, Christianity isn't so much about exclusiveness but effectiveness."
-Ann Voskamp

Effectiveness is the word here to notice. 
Christianity is effective.
It changes all bad to good
if we give it to Him.
He heals
He gives life
He restores
He's effective..not elusive or exclusive

If you don't believe this..
I'ts because your agreeing.. siding with the one who slips in his epic question
the question that has never changed
is He really for you
does He notice you
does He care

Those questions confuse
steal and rob
they invite elusiveness & exclusiveness 
Jesus isn't about that
He's about effectiveness
life change
healing
Thank you Jesus
for the gift of You
The One Who Came To Save US!!
Thank you!!
I Love You
I am so thankful
You
came down and rescued me:)

No comments: