Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Lord will provide- Day 7 Advent


The Lord will Provide




"Forever"
Kari Jobe


Today's Focus-
 Abraham, Isaac & The Mountain of Sacrifice...

God Called

Abraham answered

"Here I Am"

&

God Provided:) 

My focus today..

The Lord will provide:)

After reading the devotional this morning.. I said to myself, "Maybe I shouldn't journal today.."
I'm not sure I want to tackle such a real moment for myself..
Actually.. I wasn't called to do what Abraham was called to do.. to sacrifice my son. If I had been called to do that I'm sure I would have said back to the call .. "Here I Am Not!". Abraham had incredible faith.. He truly believed that if God had provided before that He would provide again.. and

 Wow!!! 

He did provide.. at just the right time.. He provided a Lamb.. an innocent Lamb.. and isn't that what He provides to us all.. The Lamb.. Himself.. Because what the song above says over and over is..

We sing Hallelujah 

THE LAMB 
HAS
OVERCOME!!!

Abraham took his son Issac up the mountain to build an alter.. an alter he had been building over and over in his mind as he climbed the mountain with his own son behind him carrying the wood for the alter. He never told his son what they were doing, but I'm sure Isaac felt the thoughts of his father..
I'm sure Abraham questioned God all the way up the mountain.. His heart must have been torn into pieces... and I'm sure God was right there with Him.. hearing and seeing every bit..
Alters are built in remembrance of when we see or experienced God.. Was this the whole point of this call to build an alter.. Not to look at death but to be looking to experience and see God Himself ...was it a clue to what Abraham was about to experience? Should this teach us not to set our sight on what we expect.. But to set our sight on expectancy of seeing Him?

"God always sees- and He will always see to it. That is all that ever matters: God always sees, and He will always see to the matter. Your legs may be weary and your heart may be heavy and your questions may be many, but whatever you are facing, it is always named Mount Moriah: the Lord will appear. The Lord sees. And He will see to it. And He will be seen. The act of God's seeing means God acts. God's observing means He always serves. This is the thing; your God's constant vision is your constant provision. You don't need to climb mountains named I will perform.You don't need to climb mountains named I will produce. Every mountain that every Christian ever faces, 

The Lord levels with sufficient grace: 

The Lord will Provide. " -Ann VosKamp

My mountain.. not at all like Abraham's mountain.. was also a place where God provided. He provided grace.. sufficiently. and He did provide a Lamb.. one that overcomes the mountain I faced and still face today... because He always gives grace.. He always gives Himself.. He gives Himself away to us each and everyday. The Lamb overcame death .. It took deaths place for Issac and in our larger perspective for how we live out life here on this earth... The Lamb takes the place of death for us and our loved ones that go on before us.. It's the only way to keep hope.. to keep our hearts pumping and living this life out well. Death is not and end to life.. Death has been overcome.. Death is a birth into another world.. one where the word death doesn't even exist... It has no place in Heaven.. because Heaven is a place where we will never leave... nor want to leave.. It's only in this world.. this side of Heaven that we need a way of escape.. Death.. it's a door.. and The Lamb who over came it has the key:) The lamb unlocks the door we see as death and opens us up to the most unimaginable place of grace ..
The Lamb gave Himself and gives Himself and will give Himself 
until we all are safely home on the other side..

I'm not feeling to well this morning, fever and cough.. I really wanted to stay home in bed.. but I felt like the one place I really needed to go was to visit His house.. be in His presence.. and then come back home and rest.. So, I heard the call.. "Come" and I answered "OK, here i am".. I jumped in my car already late.. turned up the radio .. and guess what I heard playing.. Mumford and Son's, "I will wait". I kind of giggled.. I said, "Lord, you must be trying to get my attention with this song.. it's playing everywhere I go.." I said quietly to myself.. "Lord, I will wait." and I reminded myself of today focus.. "The Lord will provide".. I believe the Lord spoke back to me.."Julie, you have set your heart on waiting for me this season.. and I'm so glad you've done so.. but what I would like you to know is I also always.. wait lovingly on you..This is not a one way relationship. I never ask you to do what I've not done Myself.. " I pondered that for a while and thought.. You know He's been waiting on me/us for a long time .. He's waiting on me/us to turn to Him.. to turn to His heart.. to accept the grace He has to offer us so we can climb those hard mountains ... He never forces Himself.. but He always offers Himself.. so if you needed to hear that today.. take it for yourself.. we wait.. and so does He:) When we wait on Him.. We Overcome ..Forever!







No comments: