Friday, December 12, 2014

While We Wait- We Believe Every Little Thing Is Going to Be Alright


"Three Little Birds"
Stephen Marley

Today's Focus:
Naomi & Ruth
&
How They Needed To Know
Every Little Thing Would Be Ok

"There are Advent moments when you'd like nothing more than to order a Christmas miracle. The one you need when it feels like no one really sees you. No one sees how alone you really feel. How overwhelmed by the work and unappreciated by the people. No one sees that you just want someone to cup your face and look into your eyes and say your name from somewhere deep inside, like a calling home, like a belonging - like a holding that has you around all the fragile places and wont leave you."- Ann Voskamp

Sometimes you just want to know
Every thing is going to be alright.
You just want someone to cup your face and say.. I see you ..
 and I will help you until everything is alright:)

You know what I've learned.. 
Jesus see's you and He hears you 
&
He wants to help you 
Until
Every Little thing is gonna be alright
So, dont worry..

I know.. 

we still 
Worry

I ran into a familiar worry this week. It's one that comes and goes.. I've learned many things from this worry. In the past the worry has been heavier.. this week it was a worry but not as heavy as before. As I began to worry.. I thought to myself... why am I worrying? I've made it through this one before. And you know... Every little thing was alright. Some how God made a way before and I'm sure He's going to make a way this time too.. I faced the fear.. prayed and laid it down.. gave it to Jesus..
 We are to give our worries to Him..

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."
1Peter 5:7

He cares for you:) He really does. He wants you to experience His care while you grow believing Him in the little things like having a little faith.. He does not require much.. 
the muchness of a mustard seed..
Have you ever put one mustard see in your hand? 
Go do it ..
 its really small and thats all the faith we need to start. 

I know..It's hard when we don't see the way...When we don't see Him and we don't see how.  But, if we can look back and see how He's made a way for us or someone one else ..we can know that He's going to do it again. 
Never in the same way
but He always makes things work together for good.
So, with blind faith
believe for good.

This exercise is what helps us learn to see in the dark..
We grow in these moments
When we believe He can do it..again.

"Naomi- she is bitter. Orpah leaves to start all over. And Ruth goes on believing she will find a new home. Maybe sometimes the miracles begin by growing not in bitterness but in faithfulness.
The radicals, the Ruth's- they are the ones on the road, in the fields, on the wall, pointing to the dawn of the new Kingdom coming, pointing to the light that breaks through all things broken, pointing to redemption always rising and the Advent coming."-Ann Voskamp

"Brilliant people don't deny the dark; 
they are the ones who never stop looking for His light in everything."- Ann Voskamp

I love that quote.. It gives me hope.. All I need to do to be brilliant is keep looking for the light. 

That is what Ruth does .. she keeps looking for the light... and you know where she finds it.. in the little things. and at the end of the little things.. every thing is alright. Ruth finds a field in the midst of their storm that provides a little food.. and a little notice from the land owner who just so happens to be the only one who can buy back what they lost. Looking for the little light she found a redeemer for her and her family. 
It's the little things that add up to big miracles. 
Like the little baby
who 
came to this earth 
fragile & defenseless 
in the dark of night 
with one mission
one miracle
to pay for the one thing we could never pay for on our own
our tab with the enemy
He, that little thing
that little baby
saved us all:)

So, just know today... if there are a lot of little things.. big things worrying you.. look for the light.. and He will some how, some way make every little thing work out. I don't know How.. but somehow He does:) 

Again, Mumford and Son's Nail this Journal Entry..
"The Ghosts that we knew"

"So give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
'Cause oh that gave me such a fright
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be alright."



No comments: