Tuesday, December 9, 2014

While we wait.. We dance. Day 9 Advent

"We Dance"
Steffany Frizzell


Today's Focus: 
Joseph and the death of his dream
What others meant for bad.. God means to make it good
I love the lyrics to the song above..

"You steady me
Slow and sweet, we sway
Take the lead and I will follow
Finally ready now
To close my eyes and just believe
That You won't lead me
Where You don't go"

When life tries to unsteady us.. He's always there to steady us. 

I know it's hard at first to not to push back from Him when the storms of life come. We wonder why He allowed the storms... I don't have an answer for that... but one thing I do know is that when I finally gave up the fight and fell into His arms and let Him lead.. He led me to places I could have never gone alone. 

"When my faith gets tired

And my hope seems lost
You spin me round and round
And remind me of that song
The one You wrote for me
And we dance"

He writes a song just for you.. One that only you and Him can dance to.. It is a love song that He sings .. and He dying to dance with you .. sing to you.. steady you... spin you round and round.. until you somehow forget about all the unsteadiness around you and you rest in His arms while He leads you through.. 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Vivian Greene

Such a true quote. Life's weather is not always sunny.. storms come ... and we need to understand that "waiting" for the storm to pass doesn't heal our hearts from the damage it will cause. 

Time doesn't heal all wounds
it just passes
Time is a gift 
It's how and who you spend it with that makes the difference. 

I was speaking to a friend last night who is walking through her first year of grief. She seemed overwhelmed by all the healing before her. I told her don't worry about anything else right now.. just grieve.. grieve your loss in this time you've been given. Lean into it hard.. This is the only time you will be given the grace to do so.. If you wait those around you will lose the heart to help you.. time moves on and so do they..no one will ever understand your pain like you do.. they can't .. they haven't been given the grace to understand.. that kind of grace only comes from above.. and you only want it.. when you need it live. 

But 
the One who gives it knows your pain
and He's waiting with arms wide open 
ready to steady you 
and make what is intended for your bad
Into Good
&
I mean fairytale Good!

"And I've been told
To pick up my sword
And fight for love
Little did I know
That Love had won for me
Here in Your arms

You still my heart again
And I breathe You in
Like I've never breathed 'till now"


I'm not sure how He does it.. but if you accept the invitation to dance.. You will one day breathe again. Holding your breath won't be an option anymore.. because when you dance with the Him you breathe in the truth and love of His song written just for you. 

Time heals when you spend it with Him. 

During the dance He spins your bad round and round until it turns into the most glorious love story ever told. He can do this.. I'm a witness of His extraordinary goodness:)

This Sunday at church, Pastor Tom gave us permission to brag on our children. He stood before our church and spoke words of life to his son.. He told how proud he was to be his father.. It was a demonstration of living with a heart wide open .. Pointing us all to the heart of our Heavenly Father:) 
Our children need to hear words of affirmation and praise from us.. These words are the second most powerful words spoken to their hearts.. aside from our Father above.. So, I'm gonna brag a little bit.. I'm so proud of both of my sweet girls.. Maddison and Macie.. they have danced well through the storms..They have allowed God in .. and He is leading them into such hopeful futures.. I am amazed at how far both of them have come. I am so overwhelmed by the goodness God has shown them.. He is slowly rewriting a story line  meant for their bad into something so unbelievably good.. 

This picture captures so beautifully what God does..
 Turns what was meant for bad into His good.. 


So because I accepted the invite to dance when I didn't feel like it..


"When my faith gets tired
And my hope seems lost
You spin me round and round
And remind me of that song
The one You wrote for me
And we dance
And I will lock eyes
With the One who's ransomed me
The One who gave me joy for mourning
And I will lock eyes
With the One who's chosen me
The One who set my feet to dancing?"


He has given me great joy:)

Accept the Invite to dance
Here are a few of the lyrics to the song He sings to you..



The Sovereign Lord has filled me with his Spirit.
He has chosen me and sent me
To bring good news to you,
To heal your broken-heart. 
To announce release to captives
And freedom to those in prison.
 He has sent me to proclaim
That the time has come
When the Lord will save you
And defeat your enemies.
He has sent me to comfort all who mourn,
To give to those who mourn in Zion
Joy and gladness instead of grief,
A song of praise instead of sorrow.
You will be like trees
That the Lord himself has planted.
You will all do what is right,
And God will be praised for what he has done.
You will rebuild cities that have long been in ruins.
-Jesus
Isaiah 61








No comments: