Friday, February 13, 2009

I love you this much!


Real love stories never have endings.
--Richard Bach

I love this quote! As I look forward to tomorrow’s celebration of Valentine’s Day, I find myself both happy and sad. It reminds us all that we love and are loved. Have you ever thought about the best "I love you" ever expressed to you personally? Was in 4th grade when your crush gave you a "Huge Hershey Kiss" at lunch so all your friends could share in the excitement? Was it the first valentine spent with the one you would spend the rest of your life with? Was it when you got to experience the day with your kids, oh how they love to celebrate this sugar filled holiday! I really love all my memories of celebrating the ones I love. Now days it is especially hard knowing one has moved on and I cannot physically wrap my arms around him to show him how much I love him. The flip side of this revelation is I have come realized what the most important "I Love You" has been for me. It has been "The Cross". The biggest I love you I ever got was the day Jesus died on the cross. On that day God shouted.... "I Love You This Much!!" This thought brings me to a memory I have of being a child. My grandmother used to ask me, "How much do you love me?" and I would reply by stretching my arms out as far as they would go behind my back and say " I love you this much" ... as much as my 4 year old arms could give...
Wow... just like our God.... He stretched out His arms as wide as He could and said “This Much"... He gave as much as He could give to show us just how much He loves us! Tomorrow as you show your loved ones how much you care... remember to give as your Father has given... Love with no end!
Happy heart day.. Smith, Maddie, Macie , and Jack!
Love,
Mom

No comments: