Monday, August 10, 2026


 

What the Creek Taught Me About Trust

After writing about what the creek taught me last week, one thing continued to linger in my heart.

Trust.

I realized my pursuit of understanding had quietly become bigger than my trust in God.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to understand. God tells us to seek wisdom. But somewhere along the way, I started believing understanding would bring me peace.

Yesterday, I stood beside another creek.

This one had a waterfall.

The water rushed over rocks that had been smoothed by years of flowing water. What once created resistance had become the very thing that allowed the water to move more freely.

I couldn’t help but think…

That’s what trust looks like.

The water wasn’t questioning where it was going. It wasn’t resisting the rocks. It simply kept moving, trusting the path before it.

And I realized that’s where I’ve been getting stuck.

Understanding can quietly become a way of holding on to control. I keep thinking if I can just make sense of everything, then I’ll finally be at peace.

But trust asks something completely different.

It whispers, “Keep moving. I’ll show you what you need when you need it.”

Maybe God isn’t trying to answer every question I’ve asked.

Maybe He’s smoothing the rough places in me, just like the water smooths the rocks, so there’s less resistance when He asks me to follow Him.

I’m still going to seek understanding. God tells us to seek wisdom. But I’m learning something I don’t want to forget.

Understanding seeks answers. Trust surrenders to the One who already has them.

Maybe that’s where peace has been all along.

Not in understanding everything…

But in trusting the One who already does.

No comments: