Friday, August 28, 2009

"We are the Outsiders"


Do you ever feel like an outsider?
Walking out God's will for our lives is not easy. For the short time that my eyes have been open to see the path, I have strayed and stumbled many times. For me, keeping in step with the path requires me to stay connected to a rhythm, or a certain melody that is often hard to hear. It changes from season to season, which means it's never predictable. I often feel lost and alone because no one else seems to hear what I hear. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one out on the dance floor... and you know what that looks like! "Look at that poor girl! She has no one to dance with". On the contrary, if I stay connected to God's word, it assures me that the dance floor is full! It's filled with other "outsiders" dancing on the dance floor of life. We get to that dance floor by seeing it with the eyes of our heart. Our hearts play the tune we must dance to and often it requires us to dance when we think we should be "sitting this one out". When we choose to tune in and listen, God will move us to dance on an empty dance floor. It's only empty because of the circumstances that surround us. Jesus told us not to lose heart even when circumstances are hindering our ability to dance... He told us we would have troubles.. times where we would not feel like dancing.. He said, "Do not lose heart, Pray". So, when my heart is heavy due to what I see... I reach over and push "pray" on the ipod in my heart... and once again ... I find that I can dance. Our hearts are the ultimate ipod, because the songs are downloaded from the heart of God.
I wanted to share this song... it allowed me to dance again yesterday!!!
It makes a great point... "If you're not laughing, who is laughin now? -




No comments: